suzuki dt55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki dt55

I just purchased a 1985 suzuki 55 hp 2 stroke outboard.I am having some start/idle issues.When under acceleration seems to work great all the way to wide open throttle.
    I did repair the electric choke assemby & is working well.Also replaced spark plugs & seems to get good spark for each cylinder.Also good compression in all three cylinders.
    My next step is carb adjustment-but not very comfortable playing with two stroke carbs.
    Any advice or help would be great!

Regards

dt55, carbs

To start with, do you have a manual, if not, can you download one for your motor?
    The manual will tell you what to set the carb mixture screw at for each carb. All carbs should have almost identical settings. There is only the one mixture screw for most of the carbs.. It only relates to idle/ low speed. The high speed jet is not adjustable.

If having a problem with idle, then probably your idle mixture screws aren't set right. Turning the mixture screw clockwise shuts off the air mixing with gas going in. counterclockwise increases the air mixing with gas.
    again clockwise > more gas less air = richer
    Counterclockwise > more air mix with gas = leaner

Now turn each mixture screw in till it lightly seats and count exactly how many turns each is out. As said, each should be the same #turns.
    If no manual, set each at 1.5 turns out. Try running the motor. compare how many turns you turned them in, to the 1.5 turns I suggested. How close were they?
    Let us know.

Comment

dt55

Awesome info.Thank you .I will try that & let you know how it goes,when I get back from the boat.
      Also no manual at this time.

thanks again

Comment

I appreciate your response, but respond if possible after trying the adjustments. I can only tell you've been back by your response, name change of last responder.

Comment

Working...
        X