Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Buzzer ? Can this Stop Motor from starting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Buzzer ? Can this Stop Motor from starting ?

I have a 2006 DF90

My motor stopped while running at 2000 RPM.

I found a Blue/Black wire and another Blue/White cut on my harness... I guess it may be one of the buzzer wires and the Blue/Black should be my tachometer...

I repaired both (re-connected) but I still cannot start the motor... My buzzer is not giving alarm anymore when turning ignition switch ON, and I have no more light at the tach...

Can the buzzer or Tachometer (if bad) be preventing from starting the motor ?
    Last edited by Kevin G; 09-05-2014, 01:44 PM.

I have a 2006 DF90

I found a Blue/Black wire and another Blue/White cut on my harness... I guess it may be one of the buzzer wires and the Blue/Black should be my tachometer...

I repaired both (re-connected) but I still cannot start the motor... My buzzer is not giving alarm anymore when turning ignition switch ON, and I have no more light at the tach...

Can the buzzer or Tachometer (if bad) be preventing from starting the motor ?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by sylandden View Post
      I have a 2006 DF90

Can the buzzer or Tachometer (if bad) be preventing from starting the motor ?
      [/QUOTE]
      i have a 2006 DF90

I found a blue/black ire and another blue/white cut on my harness...I guess it may be one of the buzzer wires and the blue/black should be on my tachometer...

I repaired both (re-connected) but I still cannot start the motor...My buzzer is not giving alarm anymore when turning ignition switch ON, and I ave no more light at the tach...

Can the buzzer or tachometer (if bad) be preventing from starting the motor?

Comment

Okay Kevin G .... sylandden ....you're confusing me
        Mike

Comment

Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper2 View Post
            Mike

Comment

sylalndden, if you are trying to reply to Kevin G, just click on the reply button and type your reply ..... forget the quote button.
              Mike

Comment

Hey Mike, any idea about what could I do to fix my issues ?

-No buzzer (sound)
                -No Tach (Only backlighting and limit light working)
                -No ignition

My batteries are good (twin motor is starting and running perfectly...)

Thanks

Comment

No I don't, Kevin, not for sure. You have identified the wires correctly as far as I can tell. With everything dead as you describe it, the first place I'd look would be for a blown fuse. There are several, so check thoroughly. I would try to help point all of them out, but I'm not familiar with the DF90. I have a DF150. My belief that you've correctly ID'd the wires is that the color scheme is probably standard on most Suzukis, and those wires are correct according to my DF150 wiring diagram.
                  Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike ! I will check again all the Fuses...

Comment

I have been checking all my fuses again and again... Still cannot start the motor

I changed the Neutral sensor today, and same thing : No way to start !

Anyone with a similar problem before ???

- No Buzzer sound
                      - No Tachometer showing hours (the needle move to the first graduation tho)
                      - No Ignition

Comment

df90, not running

Is the starter turning the motor over? Have you checked the fuses on the side of the motor? Are there any codes flashing? Did you check emergency kill switch /wires to it? How did the wires get cut, and where were they cut?
                        Let us know.
                        Last edited by Solarman; 09-10-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X