suzuki dt 40 hp 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki dt 40 hp 1987

1987 two stroke suzuki dt40hp starts good idles little rough at three quarter throttle it bogs down when engine is warm and in neutal it smells very gassy? HELP! Thank You
    Last edited by sylandden; 09-05-2014, 08:51 PM. Reason: rewrite

Help

[QUOTE=sylandden;14441]1987 two stroke suzuki dt40hp starts good idles little rough at three quarter throttle it bogs down when engine is warm and in neutal it smells very gassy? HELP! Thank You

Comment

87, dt40, running issues

Sounds fuel related. Have you cleaned the fuel filters? Have you had anything done to carbs? Could be trash in high speed jets.
      High speed jets are located in middle of float bowl.
      do you have a shop manual?
      Let us know something. Have you done anything?

Comment

suzuki dt 40 hp 1987

I have a shop manual and carberator has been cleaned. boat will only go 11mph. THANK YOU

Comment

You give me very little to hello you with?
          When carb(s) was cleaned did you check float level? Does had run out of carb(s) when pumping bulb on fuel line?
          If you wish help you must be our eyes, ears, and hands. I am not able to read your mind, and can only help, if you can tell me what is happening.
          Let us know something to help you.

Comment

[QUOTE=sylandden;14451]
            Originally posted by sylandden View Post
            1987 two stroke suzuki dt40hp starts good idles little rough at three quarter throttle it bogs down when engine is warm and in neutal it smells very gassy? HELP! Thank You
            ( a little late but)
            I have a dt 40 of that vintage and I had the same or similar problem - I tracked it down to a rust ball that developed on the head of a screw in the fuel pump, then broke off and ended up blocking fuel into the carb - at idle, it would permit enough fuel to flow, but at running speed, it would not - so the bowl would drain, the motor would bog, and then run fine agin after the bowl slowly filled

Comment

Working...
            X