1993 Suzuki PU40- 40 HP with Jet Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Suzuki PU40- 40 HP with Jet Unit

I have no idea if anyone out here can help, but i am going to give it a shot.

my dad has the subject motor with a manual (rope) start. he is getting older and is having trouble getting it started. my uncle thinks he can convert it to electric start but we need a flywheel and starter. i am hoping someone here can help me figure out what parts i might need to make this happen. i found a starter i think should work (Starter | Suzuki | Tohatsu | Nissan Outboard | 30-40 HP) but am having a real problem determining what flywheel i actually need. this is compounded by the fact that i know NOTHING about motors in anyway, i am merely the researcher/ financial backer of this project

if any of you have any insight on what flywheel would work for this project, i would greatly appreciate it

converting to electric start

Many of the motors that came with pull start, also had an option to change to electric start. You'll need to look up the parts list for your motor, year and model. Then look through the other parts listed for that same motor, it should list an ” optional electric start” for your motor. Then make a list of the needed parts, by name and part number, them you can order, or google each part needed. The flywheel may new listed as optional in flywheel section of parts list.
    Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X