2007 DF175 starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF175 starting issue

Hello all i am new to the forum and also new to owning suzuki outboards.
    I recently purchased a world cat 266 with a pair of DF175 outboards 2007 model year. I developed a starting issue on the port motor on my first trip out. The engine started fine and started up four of five times during the day while moving from spot to spot. When trying to start to come home from the last spot the problem materialized. My power trim works at the helm and the buzzer will sound and the tach move with the key in the on position but turn the key further and nothing. The engine will not crank. I pulled the cover and visually inspected the fuses and also checked the fuses at the white wire on the battery. After that i cleaned the connections at the battery. I am at a loss as to what the problem could be. Figured i would come here for some trouble shooting before bringing the boat to a dealer.

df175's, 07, starting issues

Could be neutral switch, (in neutral?) Kill switch?
    Possibly the key switch itself?
    Do you have a manual that shows wiring diagram?
    If yes, check to see if getting voltage to start solenoid.
    If no, might be best taking to dealer.

Comment

If you search this forum you should find some other similar cases. I seem to recall that a few of them found that the white wire connections in the harness, between the transom and the dash, were corroded or damaged and fixing them solved the issue.

So it would be worth carefully checking the harness all the way through to the dash, esp. the white wire, and looking for any bullet joiners and open them up, check, clean and reconnect. Could be the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X