testing throttle vavle sencor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testing throttle vavle sencor

I have a 1997 DT65. I would like to know how to test if the throttle vavle sencor (part # 37810-95606) is good or bad. I have done two differnent test. 1) continuity test between the red/black wire and green/red wire, nothing. 2) volt test. 13 volts to the red/black wire and nothing on the green/red wire with the throttle closed and open. Please let me know if there is any thing else I can check. Thank you.
    buy batteries in bulk

tps/tvs test

Basically, BillCon put it in simplest terms. The sensor is just basically a potentiometer, and an ohm test could tell you if it's functioning. Your manual should help you test it for the proper volts. But the ohms test will tell if the sensor is intact. Disconnect the plug, and test across the sensor leads. You should get an ohms reading when closed, then slowly open the throttle by hand, the ohms reading should increase smoothly until you reach full throttle. If you get allot of zero readings, or erratic jumping readings, then I'd say your sensor is bad. If the reading stays the same from closed to full open, then either you're testing the wrong two wires, or again the sensor is probably not good.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Solarman; 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X