milky oil in df70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milky oil in df70

I changed the oil in my Suzuki df70 1999 model yesterday. The oil was very thick and milky. Ran it after change and it ran OK. Do you think head gasket is blown? Thanks

water in your oil is never a good sign, could be a head gasket. could be corrosion somewhere too corrode a water jacket. do you run it in salt water? and what year is it?

Comment

Yes i run it in saltwater. It is a 1999 model

Comment

df70, 99, water in oil

Have you done a good compression test on all cylinders? A compression test should tell you if head gasket is bad. Have you looked at plugs after running a few minutes (before they get too hot to handle, or evaporate water) to visually see water on the plugs, or maybe rust if it's older leak?
        There are several areas where water can get into a motor, you have a 4 stroke, and that increases the complexities.
        Check compression before tearing apart. And ill let someone a bit more familiar with df models respond.
        Good luck.

Comment

No. I have not done compression test or pulled plugs. I guess i will take it to repair shop and have them investigate. If it is head gasket, how much would that normally cost to have repaired if thst is all that is wrong? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X