suzuki 1994 wont shut off when key is turnd off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki 1994 wont shut off when key is turnd off

i have a dt 140 1994 model starts and runs fine just wont shut off when the ignition is shut off. ive did a swap on the ignition that was the first thing i was told , well 77 bucks down the drain . that wasnt it . im about to pull my hairt out over this. can somebody plese give me some guidence please?
    Last edited by b08catt; 10-06-2014, 10:32 PM.

Sounds like a bad ground. Most all ignition switches shut the engine down by grounding the ignition circuit, same as the kill switch. Which brings the question, does the kill switch turn the engine off?
    Mike

Comment

dt140, 94, motor not turning off with key switch

I'm in agreement Mike, I too would also look at your ground connections, and the wiring into the connectors going to the ground terminals (example: the Neg post on Battery has a ring connector on the threaded stud. The wiring into that ring connector may have corroded/ deteriorated and no longer makes contact (no continuity between wire and connector). Same thing can happen on those bullet connectors.
      The key switch ties to ground wires under the console, battery, and motor.
      Let us know what you find. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X