dt200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt200

question: DT 200 EFI motor runs good. then when slowing down kicks on and off and motor stops.when I wait a little while the motor starts back up and runs great with no problems. what could it be?
    Last edited by nicknastasi; 10-12-2014, 09:06 PM.

dt200 EFI, decelerating problems

You don't mention year model?
    Does your monitor gauge flash any codes?
    When slowing down, motor turns on, and off, then stops? anyone worked on controls, wires, replaced any parts of control recently? Kill switch loose, or damaged/ replaced?
    Does this happen only if slowing down quickly, or just slowly?
    You mention waiting to restart, reason for waiting?
    is this problem new, or did something change that may have initiated this? Different fuel, new battery, new fuel lines...etc. Do you have to pump fuel bulb to restart?

I know, lots of questions, but we are listening.
    Just trying to feel out your problem here.
    Many that post problems, do not realize they have to be our eyes, ears, hands, etc.. But, without their/ your help it is difficult to identify your particular problem.
    Let us know, good luck.
    Last edited by Solarman; 10-13-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

1998 efi dt 200

check wires all good kill switch is good change the key switch runs good at high speed as soon as I slow down put it in neutral it bucks and turns off not all the time wont start until I wait 20 minutes or so no gas problem no water plugs are new it will idle all day long sounds like a short some times starts up I put it in gear bucks and and stalls I looked all over move wires to see if can make it stall no luck

Comment

is there any other electrical issues showing up when the engine dies?
        i.e. depth finder goes out.. dashboard not working etc
        Art

Comment

Dt 200 1998

no just motor cuts out but it will crank wont start unless I wait 20 min every thing else works

Comment

The time you are waiting, 20 mins, is suggesting its heat related, check for possible vapor lock in a fuel line next to the engine first, then start looking at ignition components that maybe heating up also check your charging rate to see if its over charging slightly.

Comment

dt200, 98

Think I would check neutral switch, to rule it out, may be shorting out, or one of the wires shorting.
              The 20 mins wait time makes me think heat related, or pressure related also.
              Can you tell if high pressure fuel pump is running after it shuts down, during that 20 mins?

Comment

Working...
              X