No announcement yet.

Fuel in crankcase. Found source. 08 df140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fired the motor up and after 2 or 3 minutes I got a couple drips. Then a little spurt. Then it would stop and after a minute or two it would do it again. Just lovely!!
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

The only way fuel gets through that hose is a full VST. The only way fuel gets in thee is through the needle valve not seating or fuel leaking around the seat. Either way, the needle and seat should be replaced. $39.00 from brownspoint. Also get a new gasket for the intake manifold and seal gasket for the VST. Brownspoint has some great diagrams of the manifold and VST located on their website. Good luck with it. My fuel was coming out of there with a steady stream.

Comment

Yeah I will order tonight. I'm guessing no fuel is suppose to pass thru that hose. What is it for just vapors? Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Seaduck View Post
          What is it for just vapors?
          Yep, just vapors. VST ... vapor separation tank....
          Mike

Comment

Parts should be here tomorrow. Gonna give it a try on Saturday. I will be marking lines and taking plenty of pictures.

Comment

Hope you have an indoor place to work. Looks like bad weather Saturday. Good luck. Once

Comment

Yep. Gonna back into garage and start surgery. Just finished reading the steps again. Fourth time that is. haha

Comment

Working...
                X