Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF175TG - Thottle/Shift Question

Hi

I've got a Suzuki DF175TG on order which has the drive by wire controls.

We'll be using the binnacle mount control (67200-98J03-000) as below:

The control will be mounted on the left hand side of the steering wheel, which means the trim switch is on the wrong side...not a huge issue but slightly annoying.

Do Suzuki make a left handed version? or is it possible to mount the control upside down or swap the arm to the other side?

With the old cable ones you could just mount it upside down, but not sure how that works with the electronic controls. It looks like it has F-N-R marked on it to..which would then be the wrong way round.

Thanks in advance!

Suzuki DF175TG - Thottle/Shift Question

Am guessing if handle is reversible, it would just mount on the other side of the base, and be just what you want a left handed control. It wouldn't affect the base position.
    I would think the control manufacturer will include paperwork with customer service number that will answer your questions for you. Or the dealer you are buying it from might set it up the way you want if you ask them.
    I personally do not know.

Comment

From the limited resources that I could find on that binnacle control, and looking at the parts diagram of same, I have my doubts that the handle or anything else is reversible.
      Mike

Comment

...or you could use your pinkie to work the trim button? Works for me! :-)

Comment

Thanks for all your replies

Everything I've seen seems to indicate it isn't reversible, as you say Mike

Back to using my pinkie then! (old boat was the 'wrong' way round too)

Comment

binnacle controller

If not reversible, then they probably sell a left and right unit for twin motor setups. Back to asking the dealer, if possible, to get the one you want.
            Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X