Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuZuki lower units are hard to find

Hello all,

First post here. I recently bought a pair of 2006 Suzuki 250hp engines. Unfortunately, the lower units were stolen. I am now trying to find the set. Having a difficult time locating them. Most people only have them new.
    Anyone know where the lowers can be bought used/reman?

Located in S. Florida. Thanks.

I agree .... most reman places I've seen online seem not to have Suzuki at all. That's a bummer about yours. Any insurance?
    Mike

Comment

df250, 06, complete lower units/ gear cases

Your best approach would be to call a Suzuki dealer, tell them the length your boat needs (x, xx, or L ), and ask him what the part number is for a complete lower unit. You will have to be specific on length, and if you need counter clockwise rotation for one unit. Once you get the specific part numbers for each unit, then you can google those part numbers. You could find a couple units that way. Otherwise, you'll probably have to buy new from a dealership. It's probably the only two ways to find what you need for your boat.
      Good luck, hope you didn't pay too much for the rest. My best guess for each unit would be about $4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper2 View Post
        I agree .... most reman places I've seen online seem not to have Suzuki at all. That's a bummer about yours. Any insurance?
        No insurance. I may have found them used. Waiting on seller to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
          Your best approach would be to call a Suzuki dealer, tell them the length your boat needs (x, xx, or L ), and ask him what the part number is for a complete lower unit. You will have to be specific on length, and if you need counter clockwise rotation for one unit. Once you get the specific part numbers for each unit, then you can google those part numbers. You could find a couple units that way. Otherwise, you'll probably have to buy new from a dealership. It's probably the only two ways to find what you need for your boat.
          Good luck, hope you didn't pay too much for the rest. My best guess for each unit would be about $4000.
          I already tried that route. Too much money for new ones. $2999 to $3500 each.
          Last edited by Capt. lefty; 10-17-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Suzuki to Garmin via nmea 2000 diagrams

On a lighter note, does anyone have a complete diagram to run engine data to Garmin plotters and GMI-10?
            The ones I have found online are very basic.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

Standard NMEA 2000 hookup for both of those instruments. You'll need a Suzuki engine interface for each motor, attached to the NMEA backbone with the standard T fittings, doing the same on the other end for the GMI-10 and chartplotter. There are a number of threads on this forum explaining in fairly explicit detail how everything hooks up. Perhaps the best way to search is to search for all posts by Moonlighter. He's the most knowledgeable member on the NMEA 2000 system and installation on our motors. When you do a search, be sure to use the dropdown menu on the search button, and go to "advanced search" to do the search. Simply inserting your search item in the regular search box will get you some non-sequitur about not having a security token. The only problem that you're going to run into with the Garmin units is that they provide no way of calibrating such things as fuel flow. And I can almost guarantee that you'll be required to calibrate the fuel flow to get it right. But read up, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
              Last edited by Harper2; 10-17-2014, 03:52 PM.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Harper2 View Post
                Standard NMEA 2000 hookup for both of those instruments. You'll need a Suzuki engine interface for each motor, attached to the NMEA backbone with the standard T fittings, doing the same on the other end for the GMI-10 and chartplotter. There are a number of threads on this forum explaining in fairly explicit detail how everything hooks up. Perhaps the best way to search is to search for all posts by Moonlighter. He's the most knowledgeable member on the NMEA 2000 system and installation on our motors. When you do a search, be sure to use the dropdown menu on the search button, and go to "advanced search" to do the search. Simply inserting your search item in the regular search box will get you some non-sequitur about not having a security token. The only problem that you're going to run into with the Garmin units is that they provide no way of calibrating such things as fuel flow. And I can almost guarantee that you'll be required to calibrate the fuel flow to get it right. But read up, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
                Thanks a lot. Very helpful.

Comment

We're you able to locate any lower units? I have 1 regular rotation 25" for sale.

Comment

Working...
                  X