DT 30C Choke linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 30C Choke linkage

I am having a hard time finding how the choke links to the carburetor. I just cannot figure it out. Somehow the choke is linked to the carburetor linkage to open and close the carb. Any help would be appreciated.

dt30, choke linkage

Ok, first it might help to know the year model. Second are you talking about the choke lever on the front of the motor? Or, the linkages between the carbs?
    Let us know when able.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find the year. I have the serial number
      03003-905333 model DT 30C. I believe it might be a 1990 ish. I am talking about the choke lever on the front. The lever is there and it is connected to something beside the carb, but it doesn't do anything. I believe it is supposed to connect to something that can open or close the carb somewhere somehow, but I just cannot figure it out.

Comment

dt30, choke lever

The choke lever connects to that first (closest to front of motor) linkage on your carbs. It has to connect to the linkage that closes the out side butterfly plate. From the view in the parts page it connects to the bottom carb, so that when you pull the lever out, it closes that first butterfly plate on each carb. likewise, when you push the choke lever back in, it should open that same butterfly plate.
        So look for a place on that first linkage that the choke lever will reach on the bottom carb.
        Let us know how it's going.

Comment

Working...
        X