No announcement yet.

Dt 140 no power under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No click - when cuts out. No more cut out now just runs then dies on idle. Always starts and won't die as long as rpms r up. We have running pretty good took out and will not go over 2200 rpm still! Arg! Complete mutt. We are going to mess with carbs in morning. Help!

Comment

It is easiest to remove carbs as a set. Can't get to bowls easily unless removed. When cleaning be sure each carb is identified, and do not mix up any parts. Some carbs have different size jets depending on their position (top, middle, bottom, etc), the factory may have stamped a number on intake flange, keep them in order.
      Soak carbs separately, and do not remove the tps/tvs from the carb it is on, and don't soak that either, it may be adjustable and be difficult to set back properly?

Blow air pressure through all passages, and jets, and set all floats by the book. Also notice if anything is in jets (save any debris-may need to identify later?). And do remove the needle valve seat under float (check for debris on back side-save), any debris found may tell us if something is in need of checking.

Good luck, post back how it goes, when able.

Comment

FYI all! We finally Got it fixed! Put a new fuel pump on tried on water still didn't run over 2200 rpm. Next changed the rectifier / regulator still no upper power on water, & next put a new tps on and adjusted it to specs in book and then while had in garage put new impeller in just because I had it and figured might as well. Took to boat landing damn thing wouldn't stay running, got frustrated and gave up brought to another dealer I heard was better. They got going they said all they did was blew out cylinders and changed plugs? Lol what the heck, yep they took out lake tested couldn't get to act up. Sure enough I was in disbelief picked it up took out & boats running full speed now? We Must have had it with the tps was the problem? Guess I Should have kept on it a bit longer & not got frustrated and changed the plugs haha oh well it's working and I'm happy. Just Unfortunate most of problems came from first idiot I took it to fix it. Research who you take your stuff to.

I hope all this helps others on the. Not rev over 2200 rpm posts. I have noticed this is a common problem and hardly anyone posts if they get fixed. So there you go. Thank you all for help. Took family out last couple week ends and had great time.

Comment

Working...
        X