Upping rpms in idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upping rpms in idle

How do I increase the rpm in idle in my Suzuki DF90ATL?

Some of the maintenance procedures in the manual require to increase the rpms to 1000, 2000 or 3000.

In some older models one could push the centre of the main handle and move it forward. Mine does not have that possibility.

With the SDS tool, connecting the computer, I can increase the rpms to 1000 but there is no option for more in the menu.

Thanks,

Antonio

On your controls do you have the big round black button at the bottom of your throttle. If so just push that in and you can idle right up.
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Originally posted by asalcedo View Post
      In some older models one could push the centre of the main handle and move it forward. Mine does not have that possibility.
      I assume you mean that "in some older models" you were referring to the same big black button that Seaduck is referring to? What kind of controls do you have? That center gearshift release button on the remote binnacle is the only way that I know of to keep the gearcase in neutral while manipulating the throttle.

Then again, I suppose you could disconnect the shift cable at the engine and accomplish your objective..
      Mike

Comment

Please take a look at my Suzuki throttle.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129116026@N07/

It does not have the large button mentioned here.

I would much prefer not to disconnect any cables in the engine. It should be something simpler, since the manual does not mention any special procedure to rev up in neutral.

Comment

picture 3 lever on top of the control box
          you can raise engine RPM by lifting this lever.. except not when motor is in gear..

Comment

I have tried the warm-up lever in the past and it did not rev up the engine. I will try again moving it further.

Thanks.

Comment

Maybe you're supposed to pull that warmup lever up and advance the throttle lever as you're holding the warmup lever up. I'm not familiar with that remote unit, so it's just a guess.
              Mike

Comment

warm up lever on remote

The warm up lever is supposed to raise RPMs in neutral position only. If it isn't working properly, maybe it needs to be raised higher, or maybe it wasn't adjusted properly when installed?

Comment

Yeap!

Easy enough. It is just a matter or raising the warm-up lever. When I first tried it, I did not raise it enough.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X