Rigging twin DF300AP with NEMA 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigging twin DF300AP with NEMA 2000

New to the forum, I have repowered a boat with new 2014 DF300AP. The boat had 2008 DF300 with the NEMA 2000 gauges.

After install I hooked everything up as the old engines. However, the NEMA gauges says " lost engine communication" I have followed the NEMA instructions and assigned each engine on gauge.

Do you have to configure the engine with SDS interface at the ECM? or can this be resolved at the gauge?

Please help!!!

Comment

df300, nema 2000 upgrades

Be patient, ” they will come”. There are several here at the forum that can help you. Please have the hardware & software info handy, and it might help if you have info on any updates you have done. You are the eyes and hands, and have the info they need. So post anything that might help them understand what you have.
      Good luck.

Comment

This is one for your Regional Suzuki rep, one who is familiar with NMEA2K on these engines. Im not familiar with any nuances of the new A series 300's in relation to NMeA2K.

It is possible that the SMIS gauges need to have their software updated to a new version to communicate properly to the new DF300A. It is also possible, though less likely, that your old interface cables may need to have their software updated as well. Best to ask them about that.

Sorry I cant be of more help on this one.

Comment

who installed the engines, do they run?you need a computer to set up a new engine.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The A series does have different software and I have a Suzuki Rep involved and we are trying to resolve the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X