Lowing Tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowing Tilt

SUZUKI 115HP 2003 4 stroke.cannot electrcally operate lowering motor tilt, liftting operates fine. Replaced relay assy.and also changed them around. After 10 to 20 min. of running motor, opertaion of lifting and lowering motor electically can be done with no problems . ANY one have ideas of what to check and do next.

When you press the trim switch for down, battery voltage will flow through the pink wire to earth on the down relay. The main contacts will close and battery voltage will flow out of the down relay through the green wire, through the trim motor, out though the blue wire to earth on the up relay. Hook up a volt meter and do some voltage drop tests. The first one check for voltage on pink wire when trim switch is pressed, second with switch pressed check for voltage on green wire on down relay, with switch still pressed check the voltage on the blue wire on the up relay, if you have voltage on it look for a bad earth on the up relay. I know you swapped them around but look where the black wire goe's to ground on the engine, Note the voltages and let us know what you find.

Comment

lowering tilt

Thanks. Will try finding short. Will let U know.

Comment

I ended up replacing the tilt switch on the side of the motor a couple of years ago.. mine gets exposed to a lot of salt water..
        when I took the old one apart to see what failed, it was the salt baths.. the new switch gets a good dose of WD-40 periodically
        Art

Comment

Loering tilt

Thanks everone found the problem. Ground wire broken under cover probably from too much binding when removing/replacing.

Comment

Working...
          X