Dt150 starter valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt150 starter valve

I was cleaning my carbs bc of bad gas I found a pinched hose going from the lower carb to the starter valve. What is the starter valve and what does it do? Would the pinched hose make my motor not want to idle? Thanks

dt150

What year is this motor, and where is this starter valve located?
    Any pinched hose is a concern, and can affect the running of the motor, unless it is a vapor/ overflow drain hose.
    Is this hose a fuel, or oil hose?
    Let us know.

Comment

The starter valve is at the top port side of the motor and it a fuel line i believe it goes from the valve down to the bowl on the lower carb. Thanks

Comment

O and its a 1992 dt 150 super six

Comment

I, have a DT150 also, that starter valve at the top drops fuel into the top and middle carbs when you push in the key switch kind of like a choke, its normally filled by the fuel pumps directly with a tube branching off the ones feeding the carbs, it woulnt affect your idle unless its leaking fuel back down into the carbs when its not supposed too, if you can post a picture we can see what you have kind of sounds like the tube lines routing may not be quite right.

Comment

I have the line that feed the two lower carbs but at the back of the valve near the crank there is a line that runs down to the bowl on the lower carb. I'll try to take a pic in the morning thanks

Comment

Working...
            X