Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring

hi there can anyone help me out? I have a dt15 combined coil and cdi unit, can anyone tell me where the blue/red wire and the green wire and the black wire go to please? It's my last ditch attempt to get me old outboard going......

unfortunately I do not have any DT manuals
    however for others to post some help.. you should provide the year of your engine as well
    Art...
    Last edited by artdf175; 11-14-2014, 01:18 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

dt???

What wires do you have on your stator/ magneto?
      What wires do you have on your coil/cdi unit?
      Do you have a kill switch on the motor? Any other wires on the motor?
      Let us know, we'll try to help, but if not right coil for your motor, it may not match up?

Comment

Wiring

the wires coming out of my stator are black/red tracer, black/white tracer, black. So 3 wires in total. The wires out of my coil/cdi are blue/red tracer, green, black. So 3 wires in total......with the blue/red connected to black/red
        With the green connected to black/white
        With black connected to black
        I get a good spark on both cylinders however she still refuses to start, the most I've had out of it is a couple of pops.....it keeps almost breaking me arm when it kicks back........lol

Comment

dt??

Well if you have spark, then maybe the kick back is telling you to adjust the timing? is there a way to adjust the stator plate to fire at/ or just before top dead center on the first piston? It may be in the linkage adjustment? Are there any timing marks on the flywheel?

Comment

Working...
          X