noisy exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noisy exhaust

Suzuki df25 V twin 4/stroke 2008. VERY loud exhaust.Could there be a hole in oil pan exhaust chamber? or ???
    Last edited by donsmarine; 11-18-2014, 09:24 AM.

df25, 08, loud exhaust

I'm not very familiar with the df motors, but have heard of problems with an exhaust plug at the base of the motor that has been causing many problems, you might check to see if you have this plug. If you find it on your motor, do a search for it on this forum, there are links for inexpensive replacements to order one. Also, if it is, check all wiring in the area, it has been known to burn the wires from the exhaust heat.
    Good luck. Let us know what you find.
    Last edited by Solarman; 11-20-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Solarman, the exhaust plug issue is specific to the pre-2009 model DF90-140 series engines. Relates to that specific engine block. So it wont be that on this 25.

The DF25 V twins are a unique engine as I understand it. I am sorry I cant offer suggestions to you, Don, hopefullly someone will come on who has one and can offer some suggestions.

Comment

df25, 08, noisy exhaust

Thnx, moonlighter for correcting me. I wasn't aware
        it was just on those motors.

Comment

Found a hole in the oil pan exhaust chamber exiting behind exhaust hose. Going to try epoxy putty like JB WELD, rated to 500 degrees.Alternative is a $410 part,+ gaskets, + time, + whatever.
          Last edited by donsmarine; 12-03-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X