Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have a 250SS on 24' tritoon. 2014 boat/motor. I pulled a "stupid". Took battery off of boat for garage winter storage, and then realized three days later that I wanted to take off prop also. Needed battery re-hook to raise motor to a better height for removal. Realized that I did not annotate orientation of battery in box and may have blown fuse when re-attaching. Tilt would not work. Either way…. Where do I start looking for blow fuse??? At console or under cowling of engine??? At least I hope its that simple. Did not leave connections at either post, right or wrong, for more than 8/10 secs.

Knucklehead in NC

df250ss, battery connected wrong

Do your gauges work? Think there is a fuse on the white &/ or gray wire near battery.
    Check all the fuses on side of motor.
    If you smoked/ burned any wires they should be replaced. If insulation melted, they may short out to ground or other wires.
    If you have a manual, check the electrical section for fuses, should give locations.
    God luck. Post what you find here for us to follow.
    Last edited by Solarman; 11-20-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

What exactly did you turn on after attaching battery?
      there are a number of fuses in the fuse box on the engine
      there is one 15A -in line- fuse in the white wire that runs from your battery switch to the remote control/ignition switch through a wiring harness. Out of the wiring harness, a white wire continues back to the stater motor and 30A and 60A fuses back to starter relay
      so it depends what you switch you hit to find what fuse blew..
      Like Solarman suggested look for burnt wiring.. but my guess is a fuse blew before it could burn up wiring..
      Art..

Comment

Thanks for responding ya'll. Boat is bundled up right now. Don't believe any wires have burned as of now. After hooking wires I was simply trying to raise eng with remote switch.Noticed that one side at battery that has a little box [in line] with wire that got warm but not hot. Might be a fuse in that. Guess that I am looking a little re-assurance that I have not done anything major to anything. When it warms up in early spring I will dig deeper. Trying to send a pic of the "scene of the crime"….not sure if it works….
        Last edited by tarheel; 11-21-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Scene of the crime. Btry box is on back deck on left corner. Arms reach to with part engine. Not hooked more than 10 secs. either way. May just take mili-seconds to blow fuse though.
          IMG_1477.jpg

Comment

/Users/pjwortham/Desktop/IMG_1477.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X