Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling system

Cooling system
    I have two 2005 200 Suzuki's one has a cooling problem I have changed the water pump and thermostats. Now I have the pressure regulator off and it seems ok. It only runs hot at idle rather in neutral or in gear but only at idle if I go over 1500rpms it will run great all day. Got any advise?

look for the bypass valve in the parts/service manual.

Comment

Cooling system

Still running hot at idle. Any other ideas.

Comment

Is it actually running hot, or is it just the alarm? Have you checked temp with infra-red temp gauge?

Comment

try to change the water tube upper bush and lower bush
          17562-93J00
          17563-93J00

if you already change the impeller and thermostat ,
          and still hot.

then should be the upper bush problem.

Comment

and also need to change 14154-93J01 exhaust tube seal.

But, this is a big project

Comment

df200, 2005, overheating at idle

If the other remedies above don't correct your problem then 3 other areas might be looked at.
              1. Exhaust grommets may be leaking pressure into water pump area slowing water pickup at idle.
              2. Water pump impeller housing/ sleeve, and, or plate worn, or grooved, affecting low rpm water pickup.
              3. Water pump impeller housing not sealing well, driveshaft seal worn out? Water tube grommets not sealing properly.

If your two motors are identical, not counter rotating units, you could swap lower units to verify problem is in lower unit, or power head.
              These are the only other areas that may affect your overheating problem, at idle.
              Good luck, keep us posted.

Comment

Cooling system

Thank you all I will keep searching. Yes I did check the temp with a laser. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                X