Cooling issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling issue

New water pump, new thermostat. When I crank it up I get reasonably strong indicator stream, after about a minute, it reduces to a dribble? I thought that maybe I wasn't getting enough water through the muffs, so I have the foot in the water, no difference? I took the thermostat out and hooked up the hose to the flush port, water flows right out the top. I'm confused.

I'm not sure what size motor you have but on my DT150, the tell tale stream speeds up and slows down as the thermostats open and close, never saw it slow down to a dribble, if its over heating take the lower unit off and check everything again including the tube going up to the motor and the little key in the water pump impeller, you can rig a hose to the tube going up to the motor to simulate the flow, if its not over heating it is most likely all going out the exhaust, some motors just woulnt show a good stream of water unless there deep in the water pocket

Comment

Mine's a DF70. Gonna take it over to Cedar Key this weekend if the weather's good. I'll post back.

Comment

pre stream dribbles

Might try sliding heavy mono line up pee tube to see if trash is blocking the flow?
        I fished at cedar key just north of Tampa area in Florida. Beautiful area if that's where you go.
        Last edited by Solarman; 12-09-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Let us know what it does, you may not have any problem other that a plugged tell tale stream, also I'm in the Weeki Wachee area Solarman,

Comment

Working...
          X