Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt25 1987

Hello,
    I purchased a boat that has a DT25. The previous owner changed the impeller recently. Since he replaced the impeller the engine just runs in reverse. Upon inspection it appears he removed the shift rod from the lower unit, then just set it on top of the push rod and reassembled the engine. Question is: How so I put the linkage back while holding the push rod? Thanks in advance!

dt25, 1987 shift problems

Have you removed the lower unit? Wait a min... Are you talking about the lower section of shift rod, that goes into the lower unit... Or, are you talking about the upper shift rod that is not installed? Is the shift rod 2 sections, or one?
    You may have to put the shift rod in the upper unit by removing the lower unit if power head is in place? I don't think you can get close enough to slide shift rod down by removing carb set up? But maybe you can?
    Get back with us, and let us know.

Comment

dt25, shift rod/ clutch assy

Ok, I guess he didn't put the shift rod back in the linkage at top? Is this what you're saying? if you would like some help, be a little more descriptive.
      Let us know.

Comment

Working...
      X