Merry Christmas all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas all!

Well, it's Christmas Eve down under (here in Australia), so here's best wishes to all on this forum especially the regular contributors, who do so much to make the forum such a useful source of information and problem solving.

You know who you are!

It's been a windy year here on the east coast of Aus where I live, so here's hoping that 2015 will see more fair weather and smooth seas, so we can all get out and rack up some serious hours on our Zukes, plus keep the lines tight on some good fish.

PB's this year were a bit scarce, but I did:

- land my first blue Maori Cod of about 4kg in October on our trip to 1770 in my mate Rod's Striper (DF300 Suzuki)
    - score a heap of sand crabs in early 2014 and am into them again now, in fact will be heading out shortly to check the pots and bring them home. Fresh sandies for Christmas lunch will go down very well!
    - have a completely trouble-free year again from my DF115. The 5 year warranty runs out in April 2015 so, touch wood, let's hope it stays that way!

All the best everyone, take care, enjoy, and see you all soon.

To the Aussies here .... Settle in, get through Christmas Day, and stock up the fridge with coldies ready for the Boxing Day Test Match! I was lucky enough to be at The Gabba for day 4 of the second Test, and watched the Aussie team pull off a great win. Let's hope for more of the same in Melbourne! Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

Late edit: the crab trip was a success, 11 crabs early this morning, and added another 15 just after lunch. Mmmmm crabs for dinner!

Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-24-2014, 02:08 AM. Reason: To add photo

Thanks Grant and here is to a Merry Christmas to all as well
    This has been a good year as well and pleased to have been able to be part of the forum
    It would seem strange to have Christmas in the middle of summer. I think of snow and cold as we celebrate the Holiday
    Fish pictures? You write of fish I have never heard of.
    Here in the Pacific Nortwest are fishing in cold water and maybe assume everyone knows what King Salmon looks like but a blue Mauri Cod??
    Again a very Merry Christmas to all
    Art
    Lake Oswego, Oregon

Comment

Yes! Merry Christmas from the Texas Gulf coast, where it's a bit blustery today, and I left the Mikaela Rose (my boat....she's named after my two granddaughters) inland at home, rather than tow it the 250 miles this time. The ladies will be doing something else anyway, and I can always surf cast or fish the piers if the weather improves.

So everyone have a blessed Christmas, and pray for a better 2015, wherever you be.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Art, a white Christmas is something I have never seen. Closest would be when a hail storm hits, which they do with some regularity this time of the year, and leaves a carpet of hail on the ground!

My cousin was here for a family dinner last Sunday, and as we sat outside eating fresh stone fruit after a big feed of fresh reef fish (coral trout, Redthroat sweetlips, Maori cod) we actually remarked how mich we enjoy Christmas here - because it means all our favourite foods are in season: fresh prawns and crab, beer, stone fruit like peaches, cherries, plumbs and nectarines; lychees, watermelon, rockmelon, and best of all, mangoes. I have a tray of 12 nice Kensington pride mangoes on the table in front of me now. Wife is working today, I better not eat them all this afternoon!

We should start a thread where people can post pictures of the fish caught in their Suzuki powered boats! That way you will see that what you call a "king salmon" is not what I call a "king salmon"!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to everybody from the Netherlands too, awful weather here, blustery, wet, and cold. The fridge is stocked up with cold beer and i'm waiting for Boxing day football(soccer),
          Come on spring, about 12 weeks......................

Comment

Merry Christmas to all here

And a merry Christmas around the world.
            We here in the south eastern USA feast on dolphin (mahi mahi), wahoo, blackfin tuna (latest trip), also shrimp, oysters, clams, flounder, red fish, and many more from inland, and yes, also a few crabs moonlighter... Haha
            It is so important to have a good boat here, and good weather to make the 50 mile cruise to the gulf steam for many of these excellent fish.
            Best of luck to all of you here, with same hopes for the new year.
            -Ralph

Comment

Merry Christmas to All
              Thank You all for all the insight on how things work. I am so impressed on all the knowledge that you all have. I do hope you all have a Healthy and Happy New Year. I miss putting Christmas lights on the boat, I had to shrink wrap early.. 5 days off and no fishing, I wish I had all those exotic ones you have in Australia and the weather to fish for them. Keep posting fishing pictures. 2 from the fall
              Calm seas!!!
              Regards
              John
              Attached Files

Comment

Grant
                King salmon
                Other than photo is upside down
                fixed photo actually this is the second one
                30 lb fish - 15+ Kg ?
                Art
                Last edited by artdf175; 10-19-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Small king (thread fin) salmon (Polydactyls macrochir,) that I caught in the Brisbane River. Grow to 4ft long and 15kg. Pretty good eating, too. But maybe not quite as good as a real salmon!

Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-24-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Nice photos Grant!
                    I clicked on something and it took me to a photo bucket full of your fish pictures
                    Pretty impressive You are as good at fishing as you are at fixing motors!
                    Art

Comment

dt140, message for art

On that dt140, mid 80s, motor... No Art, oil change for powerhead is burned with the fuel. And gear case oil is when you look at it, or each year. The 2 strokes are easy that way.

Tried to respond in that thread, and tried pmessage. Neither would submit, thought I would try this thread to tell you? Don't know why it isn't submitting? Ok, now it seems to work. Will try at other thread again.
                      Merry holidays.
                      Last edited by Solarman; 12-26-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X