DT 115 stuck WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 115 stuck WOT

I helped a buddy of mine replace the control box on his Suzuki DT 115 today. We changed it out and fired it up. THe motor crunk and immediately ran WOT. We removed the throttle cable and crunk it up again. It did the same thing. There were no adjustments made under the cowling, anyone know what could be causing this?

dt115, throttle stuck open?

Only thing I can think is the throttle is stuck/ frozen in the wot position? Did you try moving the throttle linkage on the motor by hand to see if it moves freely?
    Keep us posted.

Comment

so, just thought of this and dont know if this might be the problem or not. We did not hook up the speedo or the Tachometer to the control box. Would this cause a sensor not to register or something making the motor do this?

Comment

is this carbed or fuel injected? it makes a difference in what is causing the problem

Comment

Its carb motor...sorry should have specified.

Comment

dt115, throttle problem

You swapped throttle controls for what reason? And new controls are same? Any chance cables got switched?
            Disconnect cables at motor, and move throttle linkage by hand. Are all throttles moving identically, and all going back to idle stop screw when released? Make sure nothing is preventing all throttles returning to idle stop.
            The tach does have a fast idle start sequence for warm up at start that works with the computer, if not connected it could cause a problem? But never tried doing that, so connect the tach and monitor before running again.

Let us know what you find.

Comment

The throttle butterflies have to be stuck wide open, something is preventing them from closing, disconnect the cables from the linkage and work them by hand to determine if its the carb linkage or the cables side that has the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X