2014 DF140 vs 2003 DF140 oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 DF140 vs 2003 DF140 oil cooler

I replaced my 2003 DF140 with a new 2014 DF140. Is there still a potential problem with water getting into the oil through the o rings in the oil cooler with the new models? Tks.

NO. The 2014 DF140A no longer has an oil cooler.

Comment

Hooks Did you have a have a problem from the o rings in the oil cooler and if you did, how many hours were on the motor at the time if you can remember. Are the o rings hard to change out.

Comment

If you have done around four hundred hours and the cooler has never been off, just replace it. For what it will cost you to pull it apart for inspection and a kit through it, will bee half the price of a new one. In Australia the cooler is double the price so it is worthwhile pulling it down for inspection. If you are handy with spanners it is a simple job to replace. Because the oil pressure is a lot higher than the water pressure, it usually empties the sump rather than filling the sump with water, the tell tale sign will be an oil slick at the prop.

Comment

I bought a used boat with 2003 DF140. It had 800 hours on it. I had no maintenance records to go by. Had shop check oil cooler when I was getting water in oil. It was in bad condition and they cleaned it. It think it should have been completely replaced. Like redlowrey said, I'd recommend replacing the whole thing then you know for sure it's good. I was never confident it was fixed correctly. Ended up replacing motor.
          Last edited by Hooksandcrooks; 01-31-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Thank you Marko888. I feel better about that.

Comment

I just checked Suzuki's website it says the DF140A does have a oil cooler. ??

Comment

VERY SORRY!

my bad: It's the fuel cooler which was eliminated on the DF140A.

see last page: http://www.suzukimarine.com/~/media/...20Brochure.pdf

Comment

Working...
                X