2014 df140 surging problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 df140 surging problem

I have a df 140 on an 18ft alumacraft that will surge between 3700 and 4100 rpm when cruising, it does not do this at any other rpm range, if you set the throttle at 3700 it will go to 4100 then back down then up, dealer tried to hook up the diagnostic software but had trouble reading the motor, any suggestions

df140, 2014, surging issues at 3700rpms

Think you should press the dealer to get his software/ diagnostic issue corrected so he can identify and correct this problem. Apparently it is still under some kind of warranty.

Maybe the dealer needs to contact Suzuki for resolutions of his equipment?

Comment

df140, 2014, surging at 3700rpm's

YounPete, just one thought on your problem. If I were to guess, a MAP sensor or TPS could be acting up right at that specific rpm. I don't think the IAC would affect it at that higher rpm. The computer is probably the only way to locate your problem. Have the dealer contact Suzuki to get computer and your problem worked out.
      Good luck. Post what the outcome is when able.

Comment

surging

when we were on the water the tech was talking to Suzuki and they came up with the idea that the programs from Yamaha and merc were interfering with Suzuki's, so they would have to get another laptop to put the program on, this was late in the summer in mn so we will start again in May, will get the dealer, Suzuki and alumacraft all involved. I agree about the tps.

thanks for the response

Comment

Did you fix Your Problem ?

Comment

Same Issue

I have a 2014 with 10 hours on it with a similar surging issue in the RPM range of 4000 and 4200. Interested if you found a solution or if any others have had similar issues which were resolved.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Island

Honestly, with a virtually new motor with less than 20 hours, any problem at all should prompt you to check the basics and then do just one thing: go directly back to your dealer and have them assess the situation and resolve it for you. Really, there are many possibilities that we could speculate about here that might or might not be helpful.

I am assuming (a dangerous thing to do of course) that you are doing or have done the basics that don't directly relate the the engine but are "boat related", like: checked fuel lines and filters, tank vents for blockages; battery charge; battery connections for tightness/corrosion; so you can rule them out before talking to the dealer? Checked your water separating filter for water too?

Yes, I know that some people are not conveniently located near a dealer, or in fact may not have one immediately available to them. In that case, straight on the phone to the selling dealer to discuss the problem with them in detail and get their instructions or thoughts on how to proceed with a resolution.

If I was in a truly remote area I would be seriously considering purchasing the Suzuki SDS diagnostic software and cable used by dealers (yes you can find it for sale on the net if you search) so that at the least, when I am talking to my dealer on the phone, they can instruct me on the test procedures they want done to diagnose the problem or at least rule out certain possibilities.

You risk voiding your warranty by doing anything else.

Comment

Yes, the dealer is fully involved at this point. They installed the motor originally. And they have tested and hooked it up to the diagnostics. No solution.

I saw this thread and it was so similar I was hoping someone else has already solved this puzzle.

Comment

Well, thanks for letting us know that in your original post. Would have helped.

Now, have you checked the boat related items that I mentioned?

Comment

Working...
                  X