Suzuki silicone seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki silicone seal

I am replacing the head gaskets on my DF 225. When I ordered the gaskets I ordered suzuki thread lock and 1207b silicone gasket. Long story short we ended up having to take more apart than was originally anticipated. The bolts that hold the engine to the holder call for Suzuki seal 99000-31120. I was wondering if I could use the 1207b in its place? Or, is there another suitable replacement? Not trying to save money here, I just have an opportunity to get this job done today and I would have to have the 31120 shipped to me.

I've used the OMC sealant on that area, I don't know what the 31120 sealant is. The OMC is like gorilla snot, sorry can't be any more specific than that. Can't remember the chemical name but it isn't silicone sealant. Wish I knew what 31120 is. But of you have a Johnson, or evinrude dealer near you, they sell the OMC sealant, and it is good sealant, but only need a very thin coating. Silicone I think would not be my choice. Ultimately, it is your call.
    Good luck. Sorry I waited so long, but thought someone else would chime in about that sealant.

Comment

Working...
    X