2009 df 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 df 140

I have a crazy problem I can't find anywhere. When I turn my key to crank my engine, the buzzer does not sound. Also, no indicator lights come on (check engine,temp,oil,limit). My engine is running good, I'm having no issues with it. However, when I turn the engine off, the indicator lights come on and stay on, with no beeps or sounds. The only issue is this drains my battery. Now, I can disconnect the engine from the battery til I'm ready to run it again, but I know this isn't right, I'm just treating the symptom, not the problem.

But, I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill. I have searched, i have bought a service manual, I just can't find a reference to this issue, and I do not live near a dealer. Suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Tom

Tom this is sounding like your key switch has gone bad
    the only reference you might find in the service manual would be in the wiring diagram for the key switch
    when you turn your key off--you are ending up in the "on" position
    check the key switch and as it may need to be replaced
    Art

Comment

I agree with Art. Sure a strange problem to have, but it does sound like your switch is not turning off. Since it is always on, there is no system check at key on. Doesn't explain why it would turn all the lights and alarm on "permanently" at the key off position, but I can think of no other place where I would start to look. It might end up being something else, but that's where I would start.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I'll check that, good thought. Thanks

Comment

There is one thing that makes me think it might not be the switch, and that is that the motor ought to go through the system check and show the lights and alarm, etc, no matter how you first apply power to the motor. i.e., turning on the battery switch shouldn't be seen any differently by your motor than applying power by turning on the key switch. Still, I have no other ideas other than the key switch.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

df140, 2009, switch problems

I would agree, the switch sounds bad, but am surprised the motor shuts off when key is switched off. I would immediately switch battery off, or disconnect it because if switch is that bad, it is possible that wires inside switch could short-out and damage wire harness, or worse, electronics.

Comment

Working...
            X