How to remove frozen tilt cylinder upper shaft pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove frozen tilt cylinder upper shaft pin

Need help with removing a frozen tilt cylinder upper shaft pin in my suzuki df70. Any suggestions?

df70, tilt problems

Is the tilt cylinder frozen down, or up? If down did you try the release screw (on side), then manually lift foot up?
    If up, tap pin back and forth with lube (careful not to damage it's shape), may have to add some heat to get lube to work in at same time as tapping side to side.

Comment

It's frozen up. tried lubing it and tried budging it with a 3 lb hammer and drift but it does not move. I took off the bottom pin and it came out easily so it's just the top one that is frozen. What's the best way to apply heat to the pin?
      Thanks, really appreciate your help!!!

Comment

df70, tilt cylinder problems

Heat the outside flanges that hold the pin keep penetrating lube on pin and tapping side to side. Just have to keep doing that, but let pin cool down in between some too. The heat will transfer the lube and will free up, but it will take time.
        Good luck.

Comment

Thanks a bunch will try it this afternoon!!

Comment

Put some heat on it and after several attempts I got it out. Thanks!!!

Comment

df70, tilt cylinder problems

Glad you could get it. Post again if any other problems. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X