older Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older Suzuki

I have no idea what year this motor is. It does have one metal tag on it with the numbers 480484761 on it. Although I do not see where this matches any Suzuki numbers. I have the lower unit and a prop - but do not know what the parts are or what the part numbers are in order to install the prop properly. Someone suggested I need a "Thrust hub" but any exploded views of like motors show more componants than just that. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AzPapa; 02-25-2015, 11:07 AM.

I honestly don't know anything about your specific unit, but all the props I could find online for the 9.9 1983-1987 had a 10 spline shaft, and the prop is a simple one-piece setup, prop and hub sold as one unit. The shaft in your picture dosn't look like it has ten splines (looks like six to me) but it's hard to tell by a picture.
    Last edited by Harper; 02-24-2015, 11:31 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

dt9.9, 1980 - 1982

It looks like the only years your cover design was used, those decals, was 1980, 1981, and 1982. Previous years they didn't make the 9.9, and years '83-'85 those decals are totally different. Parts for those three years may be same unless changed because of problems?

You might take a pic of serial number plate, to show a dealer if needing parts, or looking up parts.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

Yes harper, it does have only six.

Thanks Solarman for the reply. That's kind of where I have narrowed it down to as well, but the exploded views of lower unit in that timeframe look different. I have added the only tag attached to the motor that has any numbers at all on it. And it as well doesn't match up with any serial numbers I can find.

Comment

one other thing I found in the parts listing
          i.e. and I just pulled up the '84 9.9 for an example
          click on the "transmission"
          go to the part number for the "thrust washer"
          if you go down in the listing that describes the part number an click on that..
          up pop's a screen that will tell you every year and every motor they used that part on.. it is pretty impressive cross reference listing

Also, I would not hesitate to pick up the phone and call the parts department at the top of the forum page .. if they know anything about motors they should be able to tell you what year/model that used a 6 spline prop shaft..
          Art

Comment

First I think you are better off than you think..
            2nd.. your photo of the side view hides the top back of the engine cover
            when look at the various years of the early 80's ..the engine cover will narrow down the model years
            the exploded view of the transmission appear to be all the internal parts
            the only possible thing that might be missing is a "shim" that goes on before the prop. -- you should have a shim..then the prop.. then a washer.. and then the nut .. then usually there is a cotter pin to lock the nut in place

Art

Comment

Working...
            X