2006 200 suzuki 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 200 suzuki 4 stroke

I have had an overheating problem on idle only, rather in gear or not, give it just about 1500 rpm and it wont run hot all day.only idle I have changed the water pump in its entirety,the thermostats,and the pressure valve.It takes 4.34 minutes to run hot.Now the other engine has like a vapor lock,once we leave the dock around 1500-2000 rpm (so the 1 motor wont run hot) we go to give it gas and its like its not getting fuel.Starts to go getting to 3000-4000 rpms then dies back down to 2000-2500.At this point Ill undo the fuel lines and nothing wrong the bulb stays hard and all,so then I take the filters of the block and inspect them but find nothing wrong (all of the filters are brand new and the fuel pumps are as well $600 and some change a piece)water separators are new too and the fuel cans have been drained.So I put this all back together (while we are in the water)and give it another try and they ran perfect all day except the one that runs hot at idle,I just shut it down when we need to idle to land a fish or dock.Always fun to dock with one engine.I took it to our local dealer and no codes came up and they say it didn't do any of this but it does on my next trip. I live in Jacksonville Florida if anyone knows a good dealer in my area?Thanks

International Marine at Boynton Beach gets very good reviews on The Hull Truth with many locals in Florida. If they are not too far away it would be worth talking to them. Mike is your man.

Comment

That's about 5 hours away from here.

Comment

Bert, could you please sitck to posting in the same thread instead of three different threads in one day on the same subject? All you have to do is hit the reply button and continue the conversation on your problem.

Now, with that said, I have tried to glean from the three threads that you have going exactly what your problem is........do you have the problem throttling up on BOTH motors? And the overheat problem is just affecting one of the motors, right?

re: the throttling up problem..... if both motors are involved, I think you should be looking at the fuel system itself, the tank(s), lines, water separator/filter (is there one filter serving both motors, or does each have it's own? Also consider that the fuel is bad, i.e. phase separation, water in the fuel.

And please.....stay with this thread from this point on as long as you are having this same problem. It makes it a whole lot easier to follow your progress and provide you with any more needed advice or suggestions.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Yes only 1 motor has an overheat problem but only at idle.I have 2 water separators and the fuel is good all new.Once I remove the small filter and the main filter under the cover and put back together it runs fine all day.The throttle up problem seems like it only occurs after it sat 2 weeks to a month with no sign its going to do it until you go to push it up on plane,then surprise it wont go over 2500-3500 rpm.Sorry for the 3 threads im new to this.Thanks

Comment

Water bypass/poppet/diverter valve faulty??

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Norman View Post
              Yes only 1 motor has an overheat problem but only at idle.I have 2 water separators and the fuel is good all new.Once I remove the small filter and the main filter under the cover and put back together it runs fine all day.The throttle up problem seems like it only occurs after it sat 2 weeks to a month with no sign its going to do it until you go to push it up on plane,then surprise it wont go over 2500-3500 rpm.Sorry for the 3 threads im new to this.Thanks
              Okay, so you're saying that the problem of getting to full throttle occurs on both motors, and then only after sitting 2 or more weeks. But if you remove the fuel filters of both engines and reinstall, they run fine (except for the one that overheats at idle).

So what is it that you do when you remove those filters......drain them and hook 'em back up, or what? I assume you don't find anything out of the ordinary with the filters, else you would have mentioned it. Have you pulled the water separators at all? When the throttle up problem occurs, have you checked the condition of the primer bulbs as you are running? They might be collapsing. Still, the idea of merely a pre-launch unhooking and rehooking the filters as a fix is puzzling.

As for the overheat problem, noelm007 has given you the first things to check. Also I don't think you've mentioned replacing the impeller in any of your threads, so it might be that it's on it's last legs and just not circulating enough water at idle.
              Last edited by Harper; 02-27-2015, 01:08 AM.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Same issues

Im having the same issues and i have done most if not all of what you have done .Im starting to think that one of the brand new Thremostats are the problem,i have brought it in to Nicks and those guys can't find anything .Mine also does not do it all the time ,Mostly on the muffs and once in a while on the water .Like you said if is above 1500 rpm no problem all day .

Also ,when you install the water pump ,on the mounting surface you need to put a little silicone(Between the gasket and the lower unit it self) .From what I've been told that area warps and get piped .Me myself have done this and the problem stopped for a few months but it is back again .I have not removed the lower it and checked to see if the silicone my have came apart .One thing i note too is that the Starboard side bank is still hotter then the port bank !!! Not sure why ?Im sure the problem is related though .Please post if you have any answers !!

Comment

Creative, it's good to post that you're having same/ similar problems. But please start your own thread for your own problems, as well. There you can post all of your motor information, and all that you have done, or had done. It will help many here on the forum compare, and communicate directly to you. We are not wanting to ignore you, but this happens sometimes when people jump in on others posts, with similar problems. Thank you.

Comment

The thing is am replying to his questions ,i do not wish to start a thread on this same issue .

Comment

Working...
                    X