Need parts help 1998 DF70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need parts help 1998 DF70

I have a 1998 DF70 that I need part number identification help with. For some odd reason the large 42mm nut that locks the timing pulley to the crankshaft came loose and now the keyway on the timing pulley has become oversized and the key has been worn. The keyway in the crankshaft is in pretty good shape and I think it is serviceable with a new key. The current timing belt pulley setup that I need to replace is a timing belt guide/bottom, the timing belt pulley/middle, then another timing belt guide/top located by three nubs on the guides and holes in the pulley a washer and then the nut locking it all together.
    Here is where I need help, what is the correct part numbers for the replacement crankshaft timing belt pulley and guides? I have looked at the parts lists and can't tell what is what and don't want to have to pay restocking fee's or return parts. Can someone tell me what parts come in the Pulley/Guide Set 12630-99810 and is this what I need?
    Has anyone had this issue of the crankshaft timing pulley nut coming loose and if so what is a permanent fix?
    Also is this an interference engine?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

df70, 1998, can pulley issues

You can check with this person, presently this listing is on page 2 just go to top or bottom and select page 2. Should see his post there.

Parting out 1998 DF70. Make me an offer on parts
    18pontoon

Sorry I can't be of more help. And I don't know where he's located. Good luck.

Comment

Solar, Thanks for the reply, I have PMed the guy parting out the 98 DF70 and he has replied but hasn't gotten the engine torn down that far yet.
      I posted here in hopes that someone from Boats.net would respond to my question on part numbers and what is included in the Pulley/Guide Set
      12630-99810 do you think that might be a possibility or not. I have contacted Suzuki Dealers in my local area and no one is able to tell me what is included in the Pulley/Guide Set, saying they don't have any more info than I have gleaned from the internet and don't have the part in stock. So I am trying here to get an answer any Ideas? Do you have a contact at Suzuki USA I could try?

Comment

osmosis

Call Danny at D & P Marine in Atlanta, GA... If he can't answer your question, he can contact the regional Suzuki distribution warehouse just down the street, to find out... 7704592755. Will have to wait till morning now. Plus he, as a dealer, he can get parts from the warehouse and ship them out. Pre-paid, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
          You can check with this person, presently this listing is on page 2 just go to top or bottom and select page 2. Should see his post there.

Parting out 1998 DF70. Make me an offer on parts
          18pontoon

Sorry I can't be of more help. And I don't know where he's located. Good luck.
          Still have all parts available. Some are listed on ebay but I've been slow to get everything photographed and listed for sale. I am in Atlanta GA

I pulled the head on my DF70 but had not planned on disassembling it any more. The head in my engine has some serious salt corrosion in the water jackets, but the cam, rocker arms, and valves are all in great shape though. I will take a look at the head this week and see if I can help you with identification.
          Last edited by 18pontoon; 03-17-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X