Correct fuel grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct fuel grade

As the proud owner of a new Suzuki Lean Burn outboard I would like to ask if I should use standard unleaded fuel or the premium grade? Cost is not really an issue I just need to use the best fuel for my engine

What does your owners manual say?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Can you buy marine gas (non ethanol fuel)? That would be best. If you have access to multiple grade marine gas, then go back to your manual for best grade to use.

Comment

I have a 2014 300 APXX and manual says you can run it on 87 octane and is good for ethanol fuels up to 20%, so don't worry about being gouged by marine gas, I use to work for an environmental arm in Miami and the fuel at marinas always had the most water and contamination from my experience, my 300 has 22 hours on it and it has already been getting up to 3.1 mpg on 87 E10 from land pump!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamahemi View Post
          I have a 2014 300 APXX and manual says you can run it on 87 octane and is good for ethanol fuels up to 20%, so don't worry about being gouged by marine gas, I use to work for an environmental arm in Miami and the fuel at marinas always had the most water and contamination from my experience, my 300 has 22 hours on it and it has already been getting up to 3.1 mpg on 87 E10 from land pump!
          I agree with this.

I had brand new 150's on my last boat which I just sold with over 590 hours all on 10% Ethanol land fuel. I always (since brand new) added Fuel Medic which I swear by. Unlike some of the other fuel additives which really do nothing for water in your fuel( watch the online video and make up your own mind) this product really works as I watched it demo'd live!

At 200 hours, my Suzuki Service Center recommended I switch to Gasoline Medic (same product except it has an equivalent of Yamaha Ring Free added)

I just had a new boat built which now have 2015 300's and have 13 hours on them. The fuel economy is getting better and better.

Oh... forgot to mention.... on 87 octane, 10% ethanol from a land gas station pump.

With as much fishing as I do, price IS an object for me.

Good luck and happy motoring.

Comment

Working...
          X