1985 suzuki 115 2 stroke alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 suzuki 115 2 stroke alarm

I have a continuous alarm sounding beep beep beep, oil lvl appears good, plenty of water pumping out of tell tail, any clues or advice please, I run it out of fuel and now the alarm wont go off

dt115, 85, alarm code

Do you have a manual for your motor. Do you know what the code stands for?
    Your motor may only have a few items the alarm might be triggered by.
    Oil level sensor (could it be stuck at low oil level?), might have low voltage warning (does your volt meter show good voltage?), have you cleaned/ checked battery, and terminals? Also, your motor has a temp sensor, have you checked the connections, can you test the sensor?
    Does your motor feel like it is overheating, tell tale too hot/ steaming?
    Does your motor run any different?
    do any of your gauges have a flashing light, in sequence, that might tell what code has tripped, to set off the alarm?

post any info that you have, that can help us to help you. If you can check any of those things I've listed above, it might help with what could be causing your alarm?

Good luck, post when able.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      Do you have a manual for your motor. Do you know what the code stands for?
      Your motor may only have a few items the alarm might be triggered by.
      Oil level sensor (could it be stuck at low oil level?), might have low voltage warning (does your volt meter show good voltage?), have you cleaned/ checked battery, and terminals? Also, your motor has a temp sensor, have you checked the connections, can you test the sensor?
      Does your motor feel like it is overheating, tell tale too hot/ steaming?
      Does your motor run any different?
      do any of your gauges have a flashing light, in sequence, that might tell what code has tripped, to set off the alarm?

post any info that you have, that can help us to help you. If you can check any of those things I've listed above, it might help with what could be causing your alarm?

Good luck, post when able.
      Checked oil lvl and float, its an older model approx 1985-6, 4 cyl, volt meter is good, batteries are good, tell tale water gets quite warm but would not say itr was hot as you can hold hand there without any discomfort, I have only had this motor a few weeks, no other gauges fitted, no manual either, what temp should the water be at, the motor seems to run fine, and thnx for your replies
      Last edited by David Hastings; 03-09-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

dt115, 1985, alarm going off

David, you don't have your manual, then you might google a service manual for your motor and check the output of those sensors you do have. It might help to find out what code the alarm is signaling.

Good luck, let us know what you find. Post back when able.

Comment

ok Thanks for that will download a manual

Comment

Ever figure it out?

I'm having the same problem

Comment

Working...
            X