Kill Switch Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill Switch Issue

I have a 2008 DF90 with 100 hrs on it. When I went to reset the blinking oil light service reminder, it would not reset. I did the safety switch pull out 3 times trick, but it still would not reset. I started the motor and pull the safety switch to kill the motor.....motor kept running. I thought I had a bad kill switch, that is why I could not reset the oil reminder. To check the switch, I cut the wires to the kill switch, skinned the wires back and was going to see it I could kill the motor by just touching the wires together. Motor kept running. The key switch works fine. No matter what I do, the safety switch wires would not shut the motor off. Any Ideas?

Hook up a digital multimeter to volts turn the key to on you should have five volts on the green wire with the plug disconnected. Turn the key off disconnect the battery turn the meter to ohms, check the black wire it should have zero ohms, it will be a bad connection in one of the plugs. If the black wire is open follow it all the way back to where it go's to ground, the green wire go's to blue and red in the next plug, all the way to pin 2 on the ecu shouldn't be hard to find.

Comment

Working...
    X