Most compatible display with df200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya Moonlighter

I managed to get my electronics, i ended up with the just released Garmin 7410sxv units............superior in my opnion to the older tech lowrance HDS units
    Ive pretty much done the setup, just cant figure out how to get the nmea cable though the rubber bung in back of engine to rigging tube.......do i have to pull the whole bung out and drill it it accept another cable or is there an easeir way. Seems very very tight and no give in any other cables though there......help

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Fisher View Post
      Heya Moonlighter

I managed to get my electronics, i ended up with the just released Garmin 7410sxv units............superior in my opnion to the older tech lowrance HDS units
      Ive pretty much done the setup, just cant figure out how to get the nmea cable though the rubber bung in back of engine to rigging tube.......do i have to pull the whole bung out and drill it it accept another cable or is there an easeir way. Seems very very tight and no give in any other cables though there......help
      Hey Kiwi!

Sounds like a nice electronics package you've got there. Well done!

You will need to take the side/lower covers off the engine. This lets you get to that grommet, and you will find that it is split into halves. It is quite soft and flexible when you get to it.

I had no problem fitting the interface cable into one of the slots in the grommet with another cable. Then I used a length of hard plastic tube to fish the cable thru the rigging tube into the inside of the transom.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks mate.
        Yeah these new garmins with chirp sounder and all the different 3d bottom and land mapping charts are amazing, makes it really easy to spot fish and ridges/dropoffs etc where the big moocher may be hiding
        Getting close now, should all be hooked up and running before end of week, thansk for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X