Nmea2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nmea2000

I'm interested in viewing some information (fuel, temp etc) on my DF225 from 2008. Heard its possible via a special harness. Anyone with experience??

Br
    Per

nema info

It might save a few steps if you can list what electronics you have presently.
    Moonlighter (Grant) will be the most informative on your questions. But, again if you can identify what you have (gauges, GPS, chart plotter, manuals, etc.) It would help. He's in Australia so it may be a few hours before he's here.

Good luck.

Comment

Jonper, if you'll do a search for NMEA 2000, you'll find a lot of helpful info, most of it by Moonlighter. To use "Search," click on "Search," top of the page, and in the drop-down window that comes up, click on "Advanced Search". That is the only way to get the search feature to work.

In short, you'll need a 990C0-88149 - SMIS Engine Interface Cable, 990C0-88112 - SMIS Power Cable, the basic NMEA 2000 cabling to construct your "backbone" (that's what the cable system on the boat is normally called), "T" fittings, terminating resistors for the ends of the backbone, and last but not least, an NMEA 2000 multi-function gauge (990C0-88162) or other NMEA 2000 compatible instrument (e.g., a chartplotter) to read the data. You can get the 990C0-88164-KIT - 4 in. Multi-Function Gauge Kit, which includes everything mentioned above, except the connector cable, which you would purchase in a suitable length for your application.

If we could find someone in charge of this site who cared (oh yes, I've tried) we could have Grant's NMEA 2000 primer put on a sticky so he wouldn't have to keep answering the same question over and over. As it is, the new folks don't even know how to overcome the search feature deficiency.
      Last edited by Harper; 03-25-2015, 12:12 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
      X