suzuki dt 150 efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki dt 150 efi

hi,new to this but need some advice and information which I cant seem to get anywhere.recently bought a Suzuki dt150 efi year 1998.had engine running on dry land and everything fine.there was however a alarm which would beep once every five minutes or so.put boat into sea and ran around for 25-30 minutes,everything fine,so happy with new engine.
    next day took boat out again but didn't get past pier wall and alarms sounding and rev limitation present.
    have ordered a warning gauge but don't have yet so workshop manual chart isn't any help.have also ordered oil filter sensor in case.
    when ignition turned on get single beep then 2 secs later single beep,then 4 secs later single beep then 6 secs later single beep then back to two secs.
    when engine running beeps every 5-6 secs and a longer beep sometimes after 12 secs.
    does anyone have any info on these codes.2-4-6.please,thanks chris.

If you have a service manual, start testing the oil and temp sensors, both are extremely important. Get the monitor gauge and tach hooked up, both are needed for diagnostics.
    Once these gauges are working you should be able to identify/ troubleshoot what's up.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but Suzuki ties all these gauges together, with rev limiting to protect your motor. If you haven't got a service manual, it's worth buying one for your motor. Browns point marine has them for Suzuki motors.

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

thanks for your reply solarman

got the oil warning gauge so will hopefully hook up this weekend,have ordered a seloc manual and waiting on a oil filter/sensor.hopefully cause of fault will become clear,will post cause and remedy as soon as I find out.
      thanks again

Comment

Ok thnx for the update. Will wait to hear, no rush.

Keep us posted, as able. Good luck.

Comment

Dt150 fault find

OK,hooked up the oil warning gauge this evening as weather was fine for a change.when ignition turned on the rev limit light flashes 22 times and then goes out.the check engine light flashes twice then a break of 1 second then flashes again.
          if you have any idea what these mean I would be very gratefull as manual is going to be another 4-6 days before I get it.also noticed this evening that my trim tab anode is no longer on engine,but don't think this should have any bearing on fault.i wait in hope that someone has a fault code diagnosis.thanks.

Comment

Ok. Look at check engine again. Usually it flashes 2 sets of lights, the first is 2, then it should flash a second set of lights. Then it should repeat itself.

I'm not sure what the codes are right now, but think you can google Suzuki outboard motor warning codes. I believe you will get some results. Ill have to go back to my shop and pull my service manual to see what the codes are. And someone with a book handy can tell you soon also. The rev limiter just indicates that feature was used because of a problem with the other code.

Post back after checking for the second sequence. It may also be two?

Comment

dt150 fault code 2-1

Sorry I just read back my post and realised I hadn't made it clear.the check engine light flashes twice then break of one second then flashes once.
              so code should be 2-1.hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X