1999 Suzuki DF40 tilt/trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Suzuki DF40 tilt/trim

up trim on my 99 Suzuki DF 40 failed,while operating the switch at the motor I can hear a click,i could not locate the up or down trim relays as stated in my Clymer manual.I need help to fix this.
    Thanks.
    Vinson.

Had same prob with my 2004 Suzuki just last week in my back yard. took off port and starbd cowlings to do oil change, and inadvertanly pulled off the connection wires leaving from outboard switch leading to the trim pump. took off cowlings, and lo and behold, there were the 3 wires on snap plugs disconnected . plugged the male and female plugs back together, and prob fixed! hope this is your prob, too!

Comment

I think my problem is caused by bad relays,down trim failed first and a couple months later the up trim failed.trouble is I can not find them.

Comment

Hi Vinson,

Check out the attached image for the location of your relays. Part number you will need to replace should be 38410-94552.

Thomo

Comment

Trim

Try locating the electrical connect points and separate them,and then spray a little WD40 or connection cleaner around them before you go and spend a lot of money, often corosine is the culprit

Comment

I will clean the plug adjacent to the switch.That drawing is great help,i saw those before ,I know where to start now.I will ditch the Clymer.
            Thanks.Vinson.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to test switch itself, it's not uncommon for water to get into them and make them fail.

Good luck, post back what you find.

Comment

Suzuki F 40 Tilt/trim

Thank you for the help ,Iboats does not have the relays in stock,bought them from boatnet,finally have time to change them out.Work good.
                Vinson.
                thomo113,if you can tell me where to find the drawing,for future reference.
                Thanks again.
                Last edited by vinson; 05-24-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X