98 dt 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 dt 200

Last year had random issues while running suk 800-1500 RPMS. It would shut off and if I primed the bulb it would fire right up.

Obviously this sounds like a vent air, bulb issue. However I checked all the obvious. My tank, fill line, vent line, vent thru hull, gas cap, pickup line are all brand new. (Three years old) I used proper USCG rated lines.

Before my first trip this year I went through and checked all lines, fittings etc. installed new 10 micron filter, plugs. First trip out I had no problems . Water was rough but Suk ran good.
    Last Sunday I cruised to my "spot" started to troll (800-1500 RPMS/1.5-3.5 SOG) after about 45 mins it shut off. Had to get towed in because unknown to me my tender stopped working and batts were low. At this point I checked vent and vent thru hull and it was clear, blew air into pickup line and tank gurgled, new fuel filter in motor, new yami high quality bulb, ran boat in gear in big tub of water for 1.5hours no issues,

Went out this past sat and again rough water but trolled all day with no problems. Yesterday got to spot, started setting lines and after last line was in it shut off and woudnt start up. Took me two hours To untangle lines. Then it started up. Headed for port and I slowed down and tried to duplicate the problem. It shut off several times, I was able to restart several times to finally it wouldn't start at all. Priming the bulb did not help this time. Waited 5 mins and it started back up. It sounded rough at first but then we put the hammer down an headed in.
    brando Mako Madness

Sounds like you might be having problems with low pressure fuel pump(s)? That would be my thoughts. Check the base check valves, and diaphragms.

Since boats.net changed their Web page, I am not able to look at the parts page to see what you have.

Good luck, post us back if you find anything.
    Last edited by Solarman; 05-06-2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      Sounds like you might be having problems with low pressure fuel pump(s)? That would be my thoughts. Check the base check valves, and diaphragms.

Since boats.net changed their Web page, I am not able to look at the parts page to see what you have.

Good luck, post us back if you find anything.
      I will! Thanks for the reply.
      brownspoint is a Sukie dealer and has various free parts diagrams
      brando Mako Madness

Comment

Shop just called and two bad fuel pumps. $150 a piece. They were flooding the motor and then fouled plugs
        115psi on all 6
        brando Mako Madness

Comment

Ok then efi system with electric pump. And generally the fuel regulator controls the pressure to the fuel rail, the electric pump just pumps.

Good to hear its running.

Yea, browns point has good parts diagrams, but have to download each one to view, and not lots of memory on phone (have the dumb phone). Lol

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X