2005 Suzuki 115 4 stroke won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Suzuki 115 4 stroke won't start

Heading back to the launch after a long day when port engine loosing power / rpms and then stalled. Replaced fuel / water separator (not really dirty). Switched low pressure fuel pump with starboard engine and still will not start. Thought about cleaning IAC valve, but could use some direction.

Did you check to see if the high pressure pump was working and there was spark. While the engine is running above idle, the iac has no effect on the engine, it's job is to control idle speed. There has been times when people could not start their engines from a cold start thats because the iac has not bypassed enough air for starting in that case you just lift the warm up lever to open the throttle manually.

Comment

Fuel Problem

Thanks for your response. I've had this boat about 1 1/2 years which was a bank repo and probably sat for a while. There were past water & trash issues which I thought were resolved. So I will clean and inspect high pressure pump and fuel injectors before spending major money.

Comment

I am not an expert, but could it be the filter in the VST? I know when mine got clogged, the engine would slow down and struggle to stay running. When it died, I could restart.

Comment

Working...
        X