300 suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 suzuki

My 2014 300hp suzuki was paired with a kicker and they both went thru the same Racor filter system, causing the bulb to go partialy flat on the 300 when running and the kicker was tilted up. We worked on the fuel system putting in a shut off valve to the kicker's fuel lineso the big motor wouldn't pull air thru that system. The fuel system seems to be working but now the 300 keeps dying with in a few minutes of being turn on and the kicker works just fine, could the fact that the 300 was starving for fuel the first 25hrs. have affected the fuel pump and or the engines computer?? thanks scott

I would doubt that the fuel pump has been damaged or the ECU damaged by what happened. Very unlikely.

Did you replace the fuel filter element when you fitted the shutoff valve? It could simply be a filter element that is partially blocked off with enough fuel getting thru for the kicker but not enough for the big engine.

Also, the symptoms could indicate a faulty anti-syphon valve on the tank. Check and either put a new one in or just replace it with a straight thru fuel barb. They fail quite regularly it seems.

I take it you are getting no codes on the Suzuki?

Comment

Likewise, if new setup (tank) the filter may be partially blocked (have seen a few new tanks with particulates lately.) And if blocked enough, may have caused the kicker path to be least restrictive? So good idea to change filter, and inspect what's in filter (pour into glass container/ jar to view). If loads of sediment I'd contact dealer asap.

Good luck, hope all is ok.

Comment

Working...
      X