2000 DF50TLY pressure release valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 DF50TLY pressure release valve

I think the pressure release valve may be stuck open on my 2000 DF50TLY. The manuals I have do not locate the valve. Where is it and how do I get to it?

Pressure release valve? Not sure I know what you're trying to do?

Post back with a little more if what you're trying to do?

Comment

Water is not exiting from the pilot-no stream. It exits from the top of the shift rod and the two ports on the top front lower unit. I replaced the thermostat and the water pump kit. I blew out the line at the pilot hole and put water in the pilot hole that exited from the water tube. I put water to the water tube and nothing from the pilot hole. I'm a first time boater and purchased it last fall. Put it in the water two weeks ago and it ran fine at low speed for about 20 minutes and I increased rpms for about 20 seconds(all good) then reduced to idle when engine began to sputter. The pilot stream looked fine and I roughly idled back to the dock. At that point I placed in neutral and increased rpms and the pilot stream stopped. I brought boat home and the bottom of the fuel separator was locked open which I replaced. That was after I replaced the thermostat and water pump. Now the engine runs fine but still no water from the pilot. I also replace the alarm as I don't believe it worked before.

Comment

Ok. You put the water hose on the water tube going up, and still didn't get any water up top? Im guessing you have fair water pressure at hose.

where did water come out when connected to the water tube? Can you shine a flashlight in the chamber where the water comes out? Is it the exhaust chamber? Drive shaft chamber?

If corrosion is blocking water from getting to power head, it may be to late to try a corrosion flush. Wherever the blockage is, it may have to be taken apart and scrapped clean? Did you try removing thermostat with hose on the water tube going up to see if water comes out the thermostat opening?

Just some thoughts, the water flow on 4 strokes is different than 2 strokes, so I can't be of much help.

Good luck. Someone else may speak up on some possibilities?

Comment

The water came out on the drive shaft chamber. Is that significant?

Comment

Seems there was someone that posted in the past couple months about water running out the drive shaft area? Don't remember the name? Will look to see if I can find his post?

Anyone remember? Page 5, found it. See if you can see this post?

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...age-video.html
            Last edited by Solarman; 06-22-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X