DT 25 got too hot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 25 got too hot??

I've got an '89 DT 30 hp. Yesterday when I slowed down I noticed it wasn't running well. I looked at the pee hole it wasn't peeing. It won't run worth a crap now. Try to give it gas it dies. I got it home and checked the compression and its 120 on all 3 cylinders. What damage could I have done getting it too hot? I replaced the impeller. Help!

Did it get hot enough to damage wiring, have you looked at plugs, or changed them?
    You still have compression. is water pump working again now? do you have a tell-tale stream now?

Post back when able. Good luck.

Comment

It did not get hot enough to damage wiring and I don't see any heat damage to the paint on the head. It is still not peeing from the tell tail even though I changed the impeller. I have not looked at the thermostat yet.

Comment

The tell-tale should flow no matter what thermostat does.
        Try sliding a piece of weed-trimmer, or thick monofilament line up the tell tale hose while running. There may be a small piece of corrosion, or debris blocking flow. If still nothing, check impeller work, key in impeller, water tube and grommet in place, and housing for impeller in good condition? Try putting water hose on water tube going up, or blowing compressed air up tell tale while lower unit is off to see if anything is lodged in line going up. Could try a chemical corrosion flush with a container the foot will fit into, for a couple hours in ten to fifteen minute runs (letting solution cool between runs). If none of these efforts work, you may have more serious blockage that might require manually scrapping pas-sages clean?

Good luck.post back when able to let us know how it's going.

Comment

Blew air into the pee hole and it comes out the exhaust. Weed trimmer line goes in about an inch and stops. Dropped the lower unit and when I blow air into the pickup tube it comes back down through the exhaust???? I took the impeller housing back apart and it looks to be good... impeller has key and turns the right way.....what about the exhaust deal is that what it's supposed to do?

Comment

iT'S PEEING AGAIN!!!! I guess one of two things happened either I blew out an obstruction or I missed the pickup tube the first time I stabbed it. Now I'm gonna put it in the lake and see if it runs. In the tank it seems ok but not sure how it runs under a load. Thanks for all your help!!!

Comment

Working...
            X