Fuel in crankcase DF140 2008 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel in crankcase DF140 2008 model

OK so this is my first post. Looking for some help here. I have a 2008 DF140 with 95 hours on it. It has been sitting for the better part of 2 years. I pulled it out of the slip to clean it up. Checked the oil and the crankcase was full of gas an oil. Previously, I went to the dock and cranked it up and let it idle about every 6 months. I have drained all of the old varnished fuel and replaced it with new non-ethanol fuel as well as some sea foam. So I drained the mixture and relaxed it with a new filter and new 10W40 synthetic oil. Got the engine running seemingly fine however, it would not idle. Shut it off and, low and behold, the crankcase was full again. Hence the post. Anybody know why? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much

For me it was a stuck needle and float in the vst causing fuel to come up overflow and dump into crankcase. I simply started engine and pulled hose and fuel started coming out quick. Had to put new needle and float in vst.
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

There is only two places fuel will get in the sump of a df140, vst and the low pressure fuel pump

Comment

Are you referring to the vapor separator?

Comment

Yep. Follow the small black hose from the vst tank up to the crankcase. Mine enters the crankcase up top near thermostat.
          2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Fuel

Yep mine was the low pressure fuel pump, but with 95 hours I'd say needle and seat. Pull the black hose that enters the rocker cover from the top

Comment

Eliminated the low pressure pump. Removed the vst and…bingo…nicely varnished. Going back together with it tomorrow. Cross your fingers. I'll give y'all a shout if all works out or I need more help. Thanks to all.

Comment

Took her out yesterday with no issues. She ran like a top!! Again, many thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X