DF90 fuel pump questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 fuel pump questions

My DF90 sat for about a year. I just went through it trying to get it started with new gasoline, but am still having issues. Apparently the HP fuel pump in the VST is bad, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

I opened up the VST, found a stuck float valve and dumped a bit of old bad gasoline out. The system is now getting fuel to the VST, but no further. I checked the relays and fuses. Looks good. BUt...

The pump doesn't run. I put it all back together and pulled the connector off and put a digital volt meter on it while I turned the key to Start. There was no voltage at all on that connector, and I would have expected 12 volts.

Then I took a small battery charger ( 5 amps) and connected 12 volts to the pump connector contacts, disconnected from everything else, and the pump did not run. at the moment, it might be a bad pump and a bad ECM.

SO, questions.
    Is there something else between the ECM and the HP pump that would prevent the power from going to the pump?

Can a bad pump ruin an ECM or vice versa?

Is a 5 amp battery charger enough oomph to spin the pump to test it?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Gringo; 06-26-2015, 06:21 PM.
    Island life in the Devil's Triangle
    http://2gringos.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Gringo View Post
    My DF90 sat for about a year. I just went through it trying to get it started with new gasoline, but am still having issues. Apparently the HP fuel pump in the VST is bad, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

I opened up the VST, found a stuck float valve and dumped a bit of old bad gasoline out. The system is now getting fuel to the VST, but no further. I checked the relays and fuses. Looks good. BUt...

The pump doesn't run. I put it all back together and pulled the connector off and put a digital volt meter on it while I turned the key to Start. There was no voltage at all on that connector, and I would have expected 12 volts.

Then I took a small battery charger ( 5 amps) and connected 12 volts to the pump connector contacts, disconnected from everything else, and the pump did not run. at the moment, it might be a bad pump and a bad ECM.

SO, questions.
    Is there something else between the ECM and the HP pump that would prevent the power from going to the pump?

Can a bad pump ruin an ECM or vice versa?

Is a 5 amp battery charger enough oomph to spin the pump to test it?

Thanks for any help.
    The fuel pump supply come's from the main control relay when you turn the key to on. just hook up a test light to ground turn the key on and you should have battery voltage on the gray wire when you connect the probe to it, and use a battery not a charger to test the pump.

Comment

Working...
    X