Repowering from 40hp to 150hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repowering from 40hp to 150hp

Hiya fellas, if I am repowering from a 2001 DF40 to a 2003-2013 DF140 or DF150 will I have to change all the clocks,gashandel,onboard computer, cables?

Thanks for reading/ your reply. Dar.
    Last edited by Drrnjns; 07-05-2015, 12:43 PM.

Anyone?....

Comment

If you're asking are there any differences from 01 - 13, they changed to digital electronics in that era, if you get that it's probably a little different?

As far as your controller, throttle and shift cables, I believe, are same. However I have heard mention of some newer motors and electronic shift components lately?

I'm guessing if buying used, get the complete system that goes with what you buy, if not different then at least you have spares? Unless you sell your motor, then they may want all that goes with it?

So, realistically, I can't tell you definitely if there is a difference?

Did that help?

Think I would check motors out thoroughly with some of the tests suggested (in forum) when buying used motors, and worry about gauges and harness after you've found one?

Just my thoughts, good luck.

Comment

I, agree with Solarman they changed a lot in that time span I, changed a 115 yamaha to a 175 suzie which is my max power rating and transfered all the controls it worked out great, but I, read your thinking of going from a 40 to maybe even a 150, what size boat is this upgrade for? is it rated that high? point were making is research these motors and controllers and the boat your upgrading so you have a fun and safe time on the water.

Comment

Working...
        X