Steady check engine light on DF 175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steady check engine light on DF 175

We have twin 2006 DF 175's. Fishing 50 miles offshore last Saturday and get a steady check engine light on the stb motor. Peeing fine and no audible alarms and no flashing codes. Installed brand new batteries in May. Just did an oil change in June and reset the oil light, though I know that is not the culprit. From doing a forum search it sounds like it could be a loose wire or bad connection somewhere. I don't have the SDS software. Going to go through the wiring/connections and test voltage as soon as I get a chance. Will keep the post updated once I figure it out.

Agree. Check all connections. And check battery cables in case of internal corrosion. If using wingnuts on battery, change to proper hex nuts.

I'd also check behind the dash - don't discount a simple poor connection to the gauge causing the light to come on!

Comment

Might just be a dirty map sensor. Get that in my car every so often.

Just thoughts.

Comment

I think our case was rare, but we were getting the check engine light and no codes. Took it to the dealer where he spent a day and one half troubleshooting it. The gauge was bad. Twenty hours later on the engine, I agree with his diagnosis. Charged $105 for the gauge and $250 for his labor. I was HAPPY!

Comment

Working...
        X